Logistics Jobs | Careers in Logistics, Transportation, Distribution, Supply ChainLF Logistics is a dynamic Asian-based freight forwarding and logistics company. A subsidiary of Li & Fung, the Hong Kong-based leader in sourcing, we are particularly focused on the retail, apparel and FMCG verticals.
Located in Santa Fe Springs, California, the Ocean Import Specialist is responsible for providing superior customer service to ocean import customers. Processes ocean import shipments using the DCS or similar system and facilitates ocean cargo movement.
1. Assist customers on the telephone and through e-mail by acting as the central point of contact between the Import customer and other LFL departments.
2. Send arrival notices, invoices, delivery orders and file settlement reports.
3. Communicate with customs house brokers (internal or external) and overseas LFL offices and/or agents regarding shipment details and problem resolution.
4. Communicate with steamship lines/terminals/CFS/rail ramps to verify inbound arrival information.
5. Follow up with customers for payment and OBL release and surrender original bills of lading and collect charges for freight cashier.
6. Update and forward customer shipment tracking reports as required by customers’ Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
7. Arrange trucking to customer’s warehouses as required by SOP’s.
8. Communicate with freight locations to verify shipment availability.
9. Identify and resolve issues causing delays in ocean cargo movement.
10. Update customer SOP’s as necessary.
11. Create and forward back up documentation for accounts payable for payments on appropriate A/P posted items.
12. Review and notate shipment file number of trucker invoices.
13. Approve invoices for payment by accounting department.
14. Handle trucking rate inquiries from overseas offices or customers and secure competitive rates and reliable truckers/warehouses for cost effectiveness.
15. ISF 10+2 Filing
16. Additional duties upon request.