LF Europe & LF Americas is part of Li & Fung, the world’s leader in the design, development and sourcing of consumer goods. Headquartered in London, with offices throughout Europe and the USA, LF Europe & LF Americas provides a diverse and dynamic range of private label products across apparel, footwear, accessories, beauty, and many other divisions.
Our American Apparel division is a category and collection leader. From basic essentials to collections to fast fashion, we design, source and distribute a diverse and exciting range of products for leading retailers in North, Central and South America. Menswear, ladieswear or childrenswear, swimwear or knitwear, we do it all. Working hand-in-hand with our customers, we offer a unique bespoke creative service. Our passion for what we do and our ability to create high quality, innovative designs combined with state-of-the-art manufacturing enable us to create products that truly resonate with consumers in our American markets. In the fast moving world of fashion, consumers want clothes that are on trend, well-made and affordable. By partnering with us, retailers can offer them exactly that.
Building your career at LF Americas will be an immensely rewarding experience and we provide the tools and support for you to manage your career and encourage growth, knowledge and experience. We aim to recruit the best people with drive and determination to grow and the desire to enhance their knowledge and skills through comprehensive learning and development programs.
The Account Executive contributes to and executes strategies set by the Vice President of Sales in order to maximize sales and margins, support and promote the brand(s), where appropriate, and maintain optimal relationships with customers.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy & Innovation
• Contribute to cultivation of new accounts and opportunities to expand business with existing accounts; identify and strategize means to penetrate new markets
• Research and perform competitive analysis; monitor relevant industry trends and communicate to internal partners, where appropriate
• Collaboratively develop line plan for each brand, in context of larger assortment and cost structure, and customize to each customer; create and execute seasonal business proposals with suggested assortments based on marketplace and customer base
• Partner with customers to create, launch and implement new products. Execute product positioning and key strategic initiatives for brand
Operations & Results
• Assist in development of line plans for product categories including assortment, style details and cost structure
• Monitor daily status of line development including production, design and tech to insure compliance to lead times
• Manage TA calendar and follow up with design and production to procure all information needed for color and fabric references, pattern approval, fit samples, and testing results to ensure timely delivery of goods to customer
•Daily communication with overseas offices providing all information, feedback and approvals needed for tech packs, fabric qualities, construction, patterns, trims and costing to ensure proper product shipping and bookings for each customer
• Ensure proper product and order execution, providing follow up on all product details including swatches to account to generate order from customer
• Perform daily review of shipments, orders, changes in distribution and deliveries for each account with sales team and customer service; secure and ensure timely fulfillment of all orders
• Maintain fabric/trim library in partnership with design and production to maintain product development logs and archives for reference
• Monitor FOB/LDP costs to maximize bottom line profitability
• Regularly travel to customer locations to meet with regional leadership and ensure proper in-store execution; attend trade shows as necessary
Customers & Relationships
• Cultivate, develop and maintain relationships with new and existing customers
• Partner with customer to generate product and services from inception to launch.
• Access customer portals to enter all information pertaining to product needed to generate orders electronically
• Manage communications and feedback between customers and internal partners in Sales, Design and Production; to ensure proper execution and delivery of product, sales and merchandising strategies;
Leadership & Teams
• Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary
• Train and coach junior team members in selling, negotiating and presentation skills
• Attract, develop and retain talent
• Superior organizational skills and strong verbal and written communication skills; team oriented and outgoing
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented and meticulous
• Knowledge of garment manufacturing process
• Strong analytical skills and fluent in retail math
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• 3-5 years’ experience in wholesale apparel sales
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel. Office; familiarity with SAP a plus