General Position Summary
The QA Supervisor, is a team leader who is responsible for understanding all the requirements related to how quality is handled by his assigned Factory, and ensuring that all subordinates are properly trained to understand each of these quality inspection areas. The QA Supervisor is responsible for the management and oversight of a QA team, ensuring that customer inspections, daily inspection reports, final pre-check reports, corrective action plan (CAP) creation and follow-up, and other QA activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner, and that each employee is properly trained to successfully complete all their job functions. The QA Supervisor is responsible for the management of assigned Factories, ensuring that these Factories remain responsible for their own Quality Control and ensures that Factories meet Whalen’s expectations related to Quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversight over teams that oversee quality at assigned factories & ensure Whalen gets the best performance out of each team.
- Ensure that Whalen product is manufactured to the proper standards, rejecting products that do not meet that standard, and working with Factory to maintain shipping schedules. The QA Supervisor has full authority to stop the production line and prevent product from shipping if the Quality level of the product is not up to Whalen standards.
- Review all Customer samples to ensure that Whalen is only shipping perfect samples for Customer review.
- Investigate and resolve product and / or production issues to ensure that product is of proper quality level and ships on-time to Whalen Customers.
- Train QA staff to strictly follow all Whalen quality procedures and standards.
- Review the pre-production & production processes from start to finish for all projects to ensure quality standards are met for the first shipments.
- Ensure review of relevant reports to better manage and plan resources in assigned factories:
- Review samples coming out form factories
- QA Production Status Report
- Customer and Whalen Defect Reports
- QA Manpower Report
- QA Working Hours Report
- Follow-up on Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) by completing relevant research, determining root causes to issues, determining action plans to address the issue, and presenting photographs to show issues have been resolved.
- Work with factories to self QC throughout entire production process.
- Monitor all team members to ensure that Whalen QA are operating in an ethical manner.