- Report into the Vice President in LF Sourcing (Asia)
- Manage one or more product categories from design concept to garment production
- Build technical packages including Bill of Materials, specs, pattern blocks, construction, etc.
- Establish category standards for fit, construction and quality
- Run fit sessions on live models then make fit changes via pattern corrections
- Establish pattern blocks for the category and maintain a pattern library
- Communicate daily with overseas vendors and LF Sourcing teams
- Track prototype samples daily and seasonally
- Meet development calendar dates and start of production timelines
- Work effectively in a cross-functional work environment
- Effectively problem-solve design, costing, quality and delivery issues
- Travel domestically and overseas, as necessary
- Give product presentations related to fit and construction
- Complete other duties that may be assignedTo perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Use intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design – Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyze information skillfully; Develop alternative solutions; Work well in group problem-solving situations.
- Project Management - Communicate changes and progress; Complete projects on time and on budget; Manage project activities
- Technical Skills - Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; Share expertise with others.
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Oral Communication - Demonstrate group presentation skills; Participate in meetings.
- Teamwork - Balance team and individual responsibilities; Exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views; Give and welcome feedback; Contribute to building a positive team spirit; Put success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Support everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership
- Change Management - Develop workable implementation plans; Communicate changes effectively; Build commitment and overcome resistance; Prepare and support those affected by change; Monitor transition and evaluate results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspire and motivate others to perform well; Effectively influence actions and opinions of others; Accept feedback from others; Give appropriate recognition to others.
- Quality Management - Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness
Skills and Requirements
- Business Acumen - Align work with strategic goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4 year Fashion Design program
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience
- Advanced patternmaking skills (must have on-the-job experience, not classes/theory only)
- Experience fitting on live models, including size sets; Ability to recommend changes in grading
- Advanced knowledge of garment construction
- Expertise building Development & Production Tech Packs
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator
- Proficient in a PDM/PLM system
- Factory travel is a plus
- Gerber Accumark/PDS experience is a plus
- 3D (Optitex, Browzwear, CLO) experience is a plus
- Must have managed a product line
- Must have superior written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to lead product presentations in a clear, concise, engaging manner
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed