LF Europe & LF Americas is part of Li & Fung, the world’s leader in the design, development and sourcing of consumer goods. Headquartered in London, with offices throughout Europe and the USA, LF Europe & LF Americas provides a diverse and dynamic range of private label products across apparel, footwear, accessories, beauty, and many other divisions.
Our American Apparel division is a category and collection leader. From basic essentials to collections to fast fashion, we design, source and distribute a diverse and exciting range of products for leading retailers in North, Central and South America. Menswear, ladieswear or childrenswear, swimwear or knitwear, we do it all. Working hand-in-hand with our customers, we offer a unique bespoke creative service. Our passion for what we do and our ability to create high quality, innovative designs combined with state-of-the-art manufacturing enable us to create products that truly resonate with consumers in our American markets. In the fast moving world of fashion, consumers want clothes that are on trend, well-made and affordable. By partnering with us, retailers can offer them exactly that.
Building your career at LF Americas will be an immensely rewarding experience and we provide the tools and support for you to manage your career and encourage growth, knowledge and experience. We aim to recruit the best people with drive and determination to grow and the desire to enhance their knowledge and skills through comprehensive learning and development programs.
The Associate Product Manager contributes to the seasonal production process by coordinating the placement, execution and follow-up of manufacturing orders and by ensuring the timely delivery of quality, profitable goods.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy & Innovation
• Research and coordinate raw materials and trims for approval
Operations & Results
• Partner with Design to ensure timely execution of product development calendar
• Enter and maintain updates for each style in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system or shared drives; perform daily tracking of goods on order, in progress (WIP) and in-transit to ensure timely delivery according to development calendar; create and distribute production status reports; follow-up with vendors, factories and Design/Merchandising as needed
• Partner with merchandisers to confirm accuracy of size breaks, tickets, and item information in PLM system; create and maintain approved vendor matrix, with costing and production capacity portfolio
• Create, revise, input and maintain production orders and monitor transmission to factories; coordinate records of purchase orders (POs); coordinate tracking of all pre-production samples and stock deliveries
• Maintain fabric/trim library, in partnership with Design; maintain product development logs, trim inventory/liability inventory, and production archives library; track non-compliance/claims chargebacks with vendors, where appropriate
• Coordinate fit process with Design and Merchandising and ensure detailed notes are kept in PLM; adhere to and enforce production standards set by LF
• Assist Production Manager in product development with Merchandising, Design and Sales to ensure correct execution of products and attainment of agreed-upon margin goals; assist in negotiations on pricing to ensure profitability, where appropriate; track customs classification coordination with Imports
• Identify and raise quality and technical issues with factories, mills, vendors and team(s); track capacity and performance of vendors for Production Manager; track accurate costing and commitments to raw materials, where appropriate
• Assist in costing spreadsheets
• Request air quotes as needed
Customers & Relationships
• Build collaborative relationships, coordinate interoffice communication and follow-up with internal and external customers
• Perform special projects as assigned
Leadership & Teams
• Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary
• Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented and meticulous
• Creativity, technical capability and sensibility for merchandising/design
• Knowledge of garment manufacturing, including construction, fabrication, trim and print techniques
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2 - 4 years experience in apparel production and sourcing; relevant experience in category
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe products, CAD and Mac computers