Our NYC-based furniture design division is offering a college student the opportunity to be a part-time intern, all while learning about Li & Fung. Gain hands-on work experience as you learn from our business leaders who will share their invaluable experience and industry knowledge.
- Assist the sales team with daily operational functions as they design and develop furniture, rugs, outdoor items, and lighting products.
- Manage daily tracking of developments and selling of items.
- Help vendors/teams overseas to execute designs by pulling together design briefs.
- Create and send sample requests, as needed.
- Manage shipping requests to get samples from overseas to appropriate customers.
- Assist with daily departmental technical workload; mailing things, unboxing samples, organizing swatch library, as well as the approval records.
- Execute weekly market research and promotion tracking; Constantly visiting stores and reporting findings to the team.
- Maintain sales tracking and forecasting of products.
- Assist with product specifications and design briefs.
- Assist with the creation of presentation boards.
- Assist with product comments.
- Pull tears and swipes.
- Manage/maintain fabric swatch books and finish archive.
- Create and maintain line charts for projects.
- Maintain concept documents.
- Manage samples through their entire lifecycle.
- Coordinate sample archiving.
- Partner with facilities to organize and maintain sample storage and review spaces.