The Associate – Product Development supports the Product Development team in the development process, from concept to delivery, by contributing original, trend-appropriate design concepts that meet market needs and drive sales, and ensuring the timely execution of each stage in the process.
Role and Responsibilities
- Review daily e-mail communication with the Executive Team and China and collaborate with the Product Development Director to coordinate redlines and renderings requests with the design team.
- Review the Sample Making Report for accuracy with the Product Development Director and provide feedback for revisions if necessary in the schedule.
- Compile all the Daily Sample Photos and keep the New Sample Photos folders up to date.
- Assist in issuing and reviewing all SWFs for sample requests.
- Interact daily with Sales, Marketing and Merchandizing to ensure all the sales requests are delivered on time and within expectations.
- Manage a Weekly Sales Priority list.
- Asist in the research of new product looks and categories.
- Go to store visits
- Research on-line design websites
- Review competitive products
- Maintain a folder of new ideas
- Help work with Textile Specialists, Trend Managers and Color Specialists to assist in bringing new materials, colors and trends to the company.
- Compile current lists for color trends, materials, textiles and catalog for departmental use.
- Attend Trade Shows that will benefit the company – When approved by PD Director
- Responsible for all meeting prep for any R&D/Sales meeting. Detail note taking, and meeting recaps. Distribution of meeting notes by the end of day to managers and executives.
- Follow-up on action items to ensure proper completion by the team.
- Work with design and marketing staff in preparation for sales presentations.
- Purchasing of competitor chairs/items for meetings/shows/review/analysis.
- Maintain a log of R&D items in the warehouse.
- R&D materials & supplies.
- Create & issue PO’s
- Maintain a supplies list for budget and usage tracking.
- R&D Magazine Subscriptions.
- Maintain and manage subscriptions
- Receive and catalog publications on a spread sheet.
- Scan and catalog identified images.
- Maintain and organize the R&D library.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by management.