The Business Relationship IT Project Manager liaises between all the business functions and the IT function. The Business Relationship IT Project Manager bridges the gap and aligns the organizational demands between business functions and the IT function to facilitate the smooth adoption of new technologies. The Business Relationship IT Project Manager will work as the strategic interface with assigned business(es) for the purpose of business/IT strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management.
The Business Relationship IT Project Manager proactively serves as a “trusted advisor,” and functions as a key point of contact for IT business stakeholders. They represent the IT function to other functions, business units and customers by promoting Information Technology’s visions, values, services, and capabilities. They also act as advocates on behalf of business stakeholders to ensure IT services meet their business priorities and needs.
Individuals in this role must be able to communicate clearly, negotiate, listen, mitigate conflict, build alliances and achieve desired results using strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills. They work closely with others on intangible issues across organizational and business-entity boundaries. Their knowledge of technology risks and opportunities are shared to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
The individual is also responsible for planning and administering IT projects under the direct supervision of local/global IT Leadership and the Project Management Organization. The Manager’s objective is to ensure projects are planned, communicated, and completed in a timely and cost-effective manner to directly support corporate and business objectives.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of solution roadmaps and ensuring successful introductions across the organization and with customers.
- Collaborate with management to develop annual budgets for respective business areas.
- Develop solution concepts and business cases for new investments.
- Perform business analyses and prepare recommendations as well as business plans, as needed.
- Create and analyze relevant information and develop recommendations to present to senior management.
- Act as the key liaison across all functional areas, including business units, the information technology department, and outside vendors.
- Possess a broad knowledge of most technical and business resources and use them to effectively coordinate team members and external resources.
- Create shared vision of their respective solutions and facilitate decision-making and arbitration relating to trade-offs within and between different solution platforms.
- Develop and implement sound rationale for portfolio management and manage product phase-in-phase-out plans, proactively anticipating gaps and overlaps within the portfolio.
- Create consensus with other functions as to the timing of solution introductions and withdrawals.
- Oversee the launch of solutions and help to maximize the positive impact on the organization.
- Identify, screen and evaluate new solution opportunities to address unmet (internal and external) customer needs.
- Partner with key staff members to create strategic business plans.
- Possess strong analytical skills, including an understanding of business economics and financial resources.
- Utilize the appropriate technologies and ensure that customers have the solutions they need, when they need them, and in the media best suited to their requirements.
- Collaborate with architecture and operations teams to ensure solution compatibility with company standards.
- Collaborate with the Project Management Office on the intake process and prioritization of candidate projects across the company.
- Strong knowledge of program and project management best practices such as scope management, integration management, stakeholder management, communication management, human resources management, cost management, time management, quality management, risk management, and procurement management
- Ability to drive program and project management best practices throughout the organization (within IT and outside of IT).
- Other duties as assigned.