LF Beauty, a division of Li & Fung, is a global beauty supply chain leader with offerings for primary packaging, turnkey cosmetics, promotional packaging and instrumental beauty tools. We operate in the Americas, Europe and Asia with primary manufacturing operations in Europe and Asia.
LFB/Americas region is responsible for the sales and account management within product categories of primary packaging, turnkey cosmetics, promotional packaging and instrumental beauty for North and South America (Majority of the business is within the US at this time)
We are seeking a Vice President-Technical who will lead our NYC based technical team to provide support for US business and initiatives within our 3Year Plan. This will be a key role and the right candidate will have operational experience but equally important, will have the vision and ability to change the organization to one with a focus on innovation, speed and digital solutions.
Key areas of accountabilities will include:
- Provide customer support for NPD and technical support for sales teams
- Lead and manage technical team, build capability, ensure succession
- Seek, evaluate and manage US based production
- Identify, evaluate technical innovations in packaging or production/process technologies that will improving speed, innovation and digitalization of our business
- Manage and resolve all on-shore quality issues
This position will also serve as part of the US leadership team to develop strategies and business plans to continue to deliver on our strategic goals
- Set team goals, manage resource and budgets to deliver the 3YP.
- Lead, coach, empower and direct technical teams to perform for achievement of results in line with Company strategy and department goals while creating a culture of accountability and shared purpose among team members.
- Ensure that we have proper succession to key positions in the talent pipeline.
- Focus on the customer and build credibility for our technical capability and customer service
- Monitor daily new project development, give guidance, review projects for risks to quality and timelines, alert and escalate issues to HK and US sales and management teams
- Promote innovation by creating brainstorming forum, monitoring latest trends in beauty packaging, identify strategic innovations, evaluate technology for their commercial viability
- Quality evaluation – minimize human error, improve process and sustainability
- Provide quick response to customer complaints, determine root cause and remediation/solutions, propose process fixes so issues do not re-occur
- Understand our supply chain (the factory) strengths and limitations.
- Provide support to evaluate US production sources in support of customer needs and/or 3YP strategies
- Furnish our vendors with latest market trends and latest technology to improve our competitiveness.
- Listen to and educate our sales and support teams
- Support local sourcing