Accounts Receivable Specialist
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for accurate, complete, and timely Accounts
Receivable processes and functions in a fast-paced, high-volume furniture industry environment. The successful candidate will interface with operations and customer service regarding invoice processing person will interface with customers for proper maintenance of the account and customer aging. The A/R Specialist will also provide general support services to the accounting and finance department for monthly and year end closings.
Accounts Receivable Specialist Essential Functions:
- Post Invoices and customer payments by recording wire and check transactions.
- Verify validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales team, vendor agreements and contracts, customer service department, and from customers;
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
- Dispute invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining notes in the customer database.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Provide weekly forecasting of AR receivables as well as a monthly pre-close forecast.