MILES Fashion is part of Li & Fung Limited, a Hong Kong listed multinational with over 110 years of supply chain expertise. As the world leader in the design, development and sourcing of consumer goods, Li & Fung covers all aspects of the supply chain from product design and production management to quality control and shipping. Operating through a global network of over 300 offices and distribution centres in more than 40 markets, Li & Fung’s 15,000+ suppliers provide high quality, ethically sourced consumer goods to retailers around the world. The global reach of Li & Fung brings significant purchasing power to MILES as well as unrivalled access to merchandising and product development capabilities.
The Product Development/Technical Design Intern learns and assists with the efficient execution of the entire fit and development process, from concept to delivery. This 40 hour/week, paid internship position in New York, NY, will support the Swimwear team for the summer months (from June 4 - August 10, 2018).
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Develop accurate tech packs within calendar deadlines
• Assist Technical Design team with all internal fittings.
• Ensure all garments meet Company, Designer, and Buyer's standards
• Review all styles at beginning of season in conjunction with Design teams through live model fittings and computer fit models
• Communicate comments, corrections and detailed illustrations to internal and external global teams and all accounts under Technical Designer's supervision
• Request fit samples as needed
• Develop close working relationships with Design, Sales, and Production teams and work to ensure on-time and accurate delivery of fit samples and tech pack updates
• Translate physical measurements of prototypes into the proper software programs to be later used by our production staff in Asia
• Translate fit comments and updates in tech packs utilizing adobe illustrator
• Inspect sample garments before mass production begins in factories. Approve, reject, & request samples as necessary
Additionally, we encourage you to visit the following website to learn more about our Company:
• Relevant coursework in Design/ Technical design
• Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills
• Passion for design, willingness to take on any task assigned, quick to learn new things
• Highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative
• Excellent computer skills in Excel, Word and Outlook and proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and WebPDM