LF Americas is part of Li & Fung, the world’s leader in the design, development and sourcing of consumer goods. Headquartered in New York, LF Americas provides a diverse and dynamic range of private label products across apparel, footwear, accessories, beauty, and many other divisions.
Our American Apparel division is a category and collection leader. From basic essentials to collections to fast fashion, we design, source and distribute a diverse and exciting range of products for leading retailers in North, Central and South America. Menswear, ladieswear or swimwear, we do it all. Working hand-in-hand with our customers, we offer a unique bespoke creative service. Our passion for what we do and our ability to create high quality, innovative designs combined with state-of-the-art manufacturing enable us to create products that truly resonate with consumers in our American markets. In the fast moving world of fashion, consumers want clothes that are on trend, well-made and affordable. By partnering with us, retailers can offer them exactly that.
Building your career at LF Americas will be an immensely rewarding experience and we provide the tools and support for you to manage your career and encourage growth, knowledge and experience. We aim to recruit the best people with drive and determination to grow and the desire to enhance their knowledge and skills through comprehensive learning and development programs.
The Design/PD Assistant supports the Senior Designer in the seasonal development process, from development through execution and delivery.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy & Innovation
• Support Senior Designer(s) in executing preliminary sketches and tech packs;
• Develop fabrics and trims as directed with overseas partners
• Track samples, submits and fabrics ensuring deadlines are met
• Assist in day to day tasks, as needed per brand
Operations & Results
• Track design schedule to ensure timely execution of product development calendar
• Support Senior Designer(s) in creating Illustrator sketches; creating callouts and line sheets/ updates as necessary
• Maintain product development tracking, line sheets, and development binders.
• Review raw materials and trims for approval; maintain fabric/trim library
• Review lab dips and strike offs, coordinate print and graphics where appropriate; observe and assist with fit process; keep detailed notes
Customers & Relationships
• Follow-up with internal and external customers and partners including technical design and production; facilitate interoffice communication
• Own communication with key accounts on product development and manage all documents through PLM system
• Build collaborative relationships with vendors and internal customers
Leadership & Teams
• Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary
• Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative
• Basic knowledge of garment construction, silhouettes, sewing techniques, fabrication and trim.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design
• 1 plus years related experience and/or training in design; swim/intimates background preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator and Mac computers;
• PLM experience a plus
• A genuine interest in developing and executing product from start to finish