We are currently seeking a highly experienced Sr. Designer/Design Manager with 7+ years’ experience working within the Product Development/ Seasonal Home Décor / Hardlines industry. Candidate must have strong Graphic Design skills and experience in Seasonal Décor. This position is based in New York.
Extensive experience with mass market retail and overseas factories required. The position is US based and reports into the VP, Product Development in Hong Kong.
- Execute entire design process for a given season within Seasonal Décor product categories.
- Responsibilities include: Trend Development, Product Design/Rendering, Tech Packs and Customer Presentations
- Work with VP of Product Development to implement line building as it aligns with departmental/customer goals and vision.
- Translate seasonal trend and customer objectives into commercially viable product for mass market at varying price points.
- Deliver effective, cohesive product presentations for both internal and external partners.
- Work with vendor partners to curate, develop and execute product designs with accuracy and innovation.
- Research and develop seasonal trends, themes, concepts, color direction, material, fabrications and styling.
- Have a deep working knowledge of Home Products (and insight into manufacturing processes), with the ability to communicate techniques and manufacturing abilities to Junior Designers.
- Manage constant communication with internal PD partners, domestic and international
- Assist seasonally with showroom development and presentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management