LF Americas is part of Li & Fung Limited, a Hong Kong listed multinational with over 112 years of supply chain expertise. As the world leader in the design, development and sourcing of consumer goods, Li & Fung covers all aspects of the supply chain from product design and production management to quality control and shipping. Operating through a global network of over 300 offices and distribution centres in more than 40 markets, Li & Fung’s 15,000+ suppliers provide high quality, ethically sourced consumer goods to retailers around the world.
The Finance Intern will learn and assist from the Accounting/Finance team. This full-time, paid internship position will support the team for a period of ten weeks during the summer months from June 4 – August 10, 2018.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Support Corporate Tax Accounting Manager to complete analyses regarding Li & Fung divestiture and the impacts to US tax filings.
• Support LF Trading Accounting Manager with quarterly budget analysis and preparation/inputs to Hyperion planning as necessary.
• Develop Hyperion Planning ad-hoc P&L and balance sheet templates for use by finance senior management team.
• Support balance sheet account analysis related to payroll, health & benefits accounting as well as corporate charge-out spending vs. budget as necessary.
• Provide support to staff regarding interim reporting and the required schedules for Hong Kong finance and external auditors.
During this internship, the Intern will learn the following:
• Develop organizational skills
• Learn about how to present impactful business metrics to operations management
• Learn about management reporting across a broad range of accounting functions – royalty accounting and tax accounting as well as general /corporate accounting
• Develop strong understanding of integrated SAP accounting
• Relevant coursework in Finance/Accounting
• Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills
• Passion for Finance/Accounting, willingness to take on any task assigned, quick to learn new things
• Highly detail oriented and meticulous
• Proficient in Microsoft Office