At Cobalt, knitwear is our passion. We're at the forefront of the global knitwear industry, working as the go-to source for global retailers and brands. We are product specialists who create beautiful trend-driven knitwear by utilising our extensive knowledge of yarn, experienced technical and manufacturing know-how; leveraging our market intelligence and competitive sourcing capabilities to work for our customers. With speed and innovation leading the way we work, we use the latest in digital technology and work processes to constantly redefine the knitwear industry.
At Brilliant, creativity flows: the NY based team leads trend, color, concept, design and creative direction. As a strategic knitwear partner with many specialty stores and mass market retailers in the US, we love collaborating with our customers on everything from design to cost and speed to market delivery. Sustainability is at the heart of our development and we work in progressive ways utilizing technology such as virtual sampling to shape the supply chain of the future. We are a small, diverse and collective team, based in the Meatpacking District of NYC, making big changes in the industry.
This full-time, paid internship position will support the team for a period of ten weeks during the summer months from June 4 – August 10, 2018.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Trend forecasting (attending seminars, runway and retail analysis, street style reports)
• Seasonal Fashion trend presentations (image creation, art layouts, styling , rigs, handout creation)
• Comp shopping and aspirational research (NY retail, online retail,vintage, trade show attendance)
• Assisting designer with design sketches, knitdown requests and tech pack creation -illustration (Fashion drawings)
• Social media content creation (Instagram, blogging)
• Communication with overseas cross functional teams
• Relevant coursework in Fashion design, Knitted textiles for Fashion, Fashion merchandising or similar
• Proficient in Adobe Creative (In-Design, Illustrator, Photoshop)
• Trend aware and Social Media 'savvy' with a strong color sense and excellent visual presentation skills
• Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills
• Passion for fashion with an understanding of knitwear and knitted textile / yarn knowledge