The Account Operations – Customer Service Representatives (CSR) is responsible for managing purchase orders and maximizing customer experience throughout the order fulfillment process. As such, the CSR acts as an information gate keeper, liaising across various departments in Whalen to ensure that every purchase order is fulfilled accurately and timely.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player with a customer service mindset and strong attention to details. Ability to work independently to deliver excellent customer service level that fulfills and exceeds customers’ requirements and expectations is the key to success in this role.
Purchase order processing and confirmation
- Receive customers (buyers) purchase orders and coordinate with Supply Chain team in China/Mexico to confirm shipment dates based on product models and quantity ordered.
- Process PO details in ERP System accurately, ensuring correct pricing.
- Update changes on PO e.g. shipment dates and communicate updated information to both customers and Supply Chain team.
- Handle issuance of PO-related documentation and deliver them to the customers by preferred channels.
- Monitor product inventory availability and allocation to ensure timely shipment as stated in PO. Communicate to customers promptly if shipments are likely to be delayed.
- Be solution-oriented, while keeping Account Operations Manager well-informed about issues faced. Escalate when appropriate.
Purchase order fulfillment and invoicing
- Carry out POs fulfillment processes, including obtaining inventory to close PO shipment, generating shipping labels and packing slips and filling in the booking scheduling sheet for land logistics. For some accounts, this includes entering shipment info in customers' online portals.
- Ensure that there are no POs that supposed to be fulfilled left pending at the end of each day.
- Handle processing and issuance of PO-related invoices and deliver them to the customers by preferred channels, ensuring all PO info matches across documents.
E-commerce purchase order processing and fulfillment [if assigned]
- Carry out POs fulfillment processes within 24-48 hours timeframe, including downloading of E-commerce orders, generating shipping labels and packing slips, and sending shipment acknowledgement.
- At the end of the day, ensure that there are no POs that supposed to be fulfilled left pending.
- Monitor product inventory level and update (add/remove) on merchant's e-commerce portal on new stocks or on those with low availability respectively.
Customer relationship management
- Cultivate strong relationship with customer account representatives. Eager to learn and proactively anticipates their business needs.