Miles is part of LF Europe which in turn is part of Li & Fung, a Hong Kong listed multinational with over 100 years of supply chain experience. Li & Fung is creating the supply chain of the future, with the mission to make a everyones life better along our global supply chains.
We offer deep expertise in designing and developing private label products from initial product design through development to final delivery, whether it is for fast fashion, ready to wear accessories, home and living, or gifts. We bring solutions across all product categories and market segments.
Located in Chicago, Illinois, our US Miles division is seeking a Technical designer with 2-3 year experience.
The clothing Technician oversees the workmanship, quality and fit process for all relevant orders.
- Work with multiple categories – Ladies, Men’s and Kids Apparel; Home Textiles, Shoes
- Coordinate Theme presentation between Apparel /Home Textiles / Hard Goods
- Create product technical design packs to ensure design packages were accurate and complete
- Development of products – CAD’s of seasonal ranges & print artwork to obtain required sales orders
- Compiling seasonal trend forecasting presentations for clients
- Follow critical timelines
- Work in a team environment to meet sales budget & GP
Utilize Alvanon fit forms to assess fit, grading and measurements of all apparel
order samples incl. size sets, pre-production and production samples
create measurement charts for new products.
compare labdips, print strike-offs, trial weaves for all running orders
communicate directly with customer’s QA Department on all aspects of
fit and sizing as it relates to apparel product orders.
manage approval process directly with customer’s QA Team in handling all
aspects of testing, testing manuals and methods and test results as they relate
to running orders.
work with colleagues in overseas offices in evaluating measurement charts,
pattern, size ranges and determining sizing guidelines for each order.