This role will provide superior customer service to import customers and their respective DCs. Work with LF Asia office teams to track air/ocean import shipments, communicate with Customs Broker, 3PLs, Customer and eventually handle delivery of all inbound orders to respective DC locations.
- Assist imports’ process by acting as the central point of contact between the LF Sourcing Ops, customer and logistics’ service providers.
- Track/Manage/Update air/ocean import shipment information using master tracking chart. Communicate with customs broker regarding shipment details and problem resolution.
- Communicate with carriers to verify inbound arrival information.
- Update and forward customer shipment tracking reports as required by customers’ Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Arrange trucking to customer’s warehouses as required by SOP’s.
- Communicate with freight locations to verify shipment availability.
- Identify and resolve issues causing delays in air/ocean cargo movement.
- Create and forward back up documentation for accounts payable process.
- Review and notate shipment file number for import docs. Review and Approve Logistics’ invoices for payment by accounting department.
Work Activity Allocation
Customer Service 20%
Operations – Technical 40%
Operations - Clerical 40%
Most Frequent Contacts
Nature or Purpose
Service including shipment tracking and procedure questions
Shipment information and communications
Invoice payment and file settlement questions
Shipment pick up and delivery instructions
Shipment arrival and availability information
Shipment availability information